Friday, October 16, 2015

Why so mean?

        Today I feel like Mr. Obama is getting treated very terrible for every decision he makes.  Not saying that I agree or disagree with any of the decisions, but it seems like there isn't anything that he is doing that anybody likes.  Now I have to be honest and say that I have not been paying any attention to any of the things he has been deciding on, because the only thing I see now are people making fun of Donald Trump and other candidates Given that all I have been hearing about is Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, I decided to read a blog about Obama, and I find it funny to see what the article is actually about.  With the title as "Obama Gets a Clue", I knew that it was going to be a interesting blog.  This blog was written by Steven Hayward, on October 15th, 2015, on PowerlineBlog.com.
       This article is mostly about Obama changing his mind and keeping the troops in Afghanistan until his presidency ends.  Steven also compares Obama to Jimmy Carter when asking if Obama finally got a clue.  As Steven says, " Barack Obama has been making Jimmy Carter look pretty good by comparison from day one of his administration."  This is saying that the way Obama is making choices, he makes Jimmy Carter look good even though Jimmy was a very poor decision maker.  
       Steven writes from a conservative side of things, and believes in troops being in Afghanistan. We know this because he says, "you know it's bad when our European allies want to keep forces in Afghanistan." You are also able to tell what side he is coming from by the tone of the article.  He says Obama finally gets a clue when he decides to keep forces in.  At the end of the article the is a funny cartoon that shows a man, that represents world events, dragging a man, Obama, behind him by a leash.  From the article you can also tell that the author doesn't like Jimmy Carter by the way he calls him a peanut-brain.  
       I found this article very interesting to read because it is a very one sided story.  He doesn't show any understanding as to why Obama might take troops out of Afghanistan, instead just talks about why it would be a bad choice not to.  The author has some very interesting thoughts that make the article worth a read.  To me I do not disagree or agree with this mans writing.  I do not know enough about Jimmy to criticize him and I don't know enough about Obama to criticize his decisions. So I do not have an opinion towards the article, but I know that others will.  Whether you agree or disagree with Steven, I suggest giving the article a read because, in my opinion, it is always nice to see where others are coming from.  

No comments:

Post a Comment